|Nikon D5, Nikon 85mm ƒ/1.8G, ISO 50, ƒ/1.8, 1/200–Neewer TT850, Neewer Wireless 16 Channel Remote, MagMod Magsphere, MagMod Magbounce,|
While I have shown you this type of photo many times this time I shot it with the cheapest system I could configure.
This is the setup. Now here is the list of items for you other than camera:
- 2 – Neewer TT850 Flash $114.70 ea
- 2 – Neewer 433MHz Wireless 16 Channel Flash Remote Trigger with Receiver $29.99 ea
- 5 – Manfrotto 5001B Nano Black Light Stand – 6.2′ (1.9m) $57.88
- 2 – Interfit Metal Umbrella Bracket with Adjustable Flash Shoe $19.99
- 2 – MagMod flash modifier system $89.95 ea
- 1 – Magmod Magsphere [main light] $49.95
- 1 – Magmod Magbounce [background] $49.95
- 1 – Westcott Collapsible Reversible 5′ x 6′ Black/White Backdrop $175
- 1 – Lastolite Triflector MKII Frame + Silver/Gold Panels $180
The Magsphere spreads the light around the sides which then catches on the Lasolite Triflector silver panels and lights under the chin and on both cheeks. The flash is the main light above the subject creating that wonderful butterfly light. The main light was powered at 1/64th power and the background was at 1/4 power.
The Magbounce is on the background light spreading the light evenly across the Westcott White Collapsible background.