Sibling Red Tailed Hawk nesting in our Backyard in Roswell, Georgia. [NIKON Z 6, Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM Sports + Sigma 2.0x Teleconverter TC-2001, Mode = Manual, ISO 5600, 1/1000, ƒ/8, (35mm = 550)]
Mankind has always been connected to animals around them. Many of us have pets that we feel connected to for love and support.
Some Native American tribe’s tradition provides that each person is connected with nine different animals that will accompany him or her through life, acting as guides. Each of the animals is symbolic.
If you see hawks showing up in your life frequently, it may be a call to see things from a higher perspective and focus on your observation skills.
The Hawk is thought to represent being a messenger, intuition, victory, healing, nobility, recollection, cleansing, visionary power, and guardianship.
So having this a Red-Tailed Hawk nest in our yard each year has been so fun. Right now during this Pandemic it is a good distraction.
SEEING HAWKS OFTEN, CAN MEAN …
- Hawks can reach incredible heights and seem to touch the higher realms with ease, which can heighten your spiritual awareness.
- Hawks soar high in the sky and have the ability to view all of life from this perspective. We need to look at the big picture, and not get too wrapped up in the petty details of things. This might mean that you need to deepen your focus on tasks at hand and not allow yourself to get distracted by the smaller details of life.
- Hawks represent leadership and taking initiative. Hawks take action and maybe this is to remind us to take action.
- Hawks observe their area before taking action. Study your situation thoroughly before making any rash decisions, as every action bears a consequence.
- Hawks means that you are on the right path in life, and your spirit animal is there to make sure you keep on this path.
For Native Americans hawks will show up when you need guidance from the universe and support from something beyond yourself. The hawk represents focus, strength, and poise, and can show you your hidden abilities to lead yourself and others to a more positive outcome. Hawks can also help you to see the bigger picture and avoid getting caught up in the small details, so look to this powerful spirit animal the next time you need perspective on a certain situation.