1. Insert your memory card into your computer.
2. Launch Adobe Bridge and click on the Computer icon near the upper left corner.
3. Double click on your memory card icon. You may see two folders, ignore the “MISC” folder and double click on the other one. Depending on how many images you have made, you may see more than one numbered folder – double click on the lowest numbered one and you should see your images.
4. Select all of them using Command-A.
5. Go to File -> Copy To -> Select Folder, then create a New Folder to put your images into and then click Open to start the copying process.
6. If you have more than one numbered folder, use the breadcrumbs near the upper left to navigate back and then select all the other images and copy them into the same folder.
7. Exit out of Bridge and eject your card. This is critical – if you do not eject and then physically remove your card, your chances of screwing up your card and images are massive. Do not take a shortcut, do not try to be smarter than us here – EJECT and PHYSICALLY REMOVE YOUR CARD NOW.
1. Go back into Bridge and navigate to your folder of copied images.
2. Select all of them (Command-A).
3. Go to Tools -> Batch Rename.
4. Destination Folder should be Rename in Same Folder.
5. New Filenames, first line should be set to Date Time, Date Created and YYMMDD.
6. New Filenames, second line should be set to Text and then fill in “_YOURINITIALS_ASSIGNMENTNAME_” using your actual initials and the assignment name (note the underscores).
7. New Filenames, third line set to Sequence Numbers, set start to 1 and Four Digits.
8. Check the Preview at the bottom to make sure it looks correct.
9. Click Rename.
1. Select all of your images (Command-A).
2. Go to File -> File Info and make sure you are on the Description tab.
3. Write your generic caption in the Description field. We recommend including any notes, contact info, etc., in this field – you will be editing this down to a final caption later on.
4. Fill in the Copyright Notice with the copyright symbol (Option-G), the year, your name and your contact information.
5. Click OK and it will apply that information to every image.